Friday, July 28, 2017

Everyday Is A Journey // #1

This post will probably be short. I am still trying to organize the MANY pictures I took. Hopefully I can get these posts up quicker now though.

#1

The journey begins!

Our first day (Monday, July 10th) was spent mostly driving the six hours to our first stop.
Mikey and Missy's.
I had never seen there new house so that was exciting. I have to say our one night there was one of the best parts of the trip. Kimberly was able to get work off and made it to say, "Hi!" and spend the afternoon with us. We spent the afternoon/night with lots of visiting and just enjoying our time together. Us girls (Emily, Marissa, and I) played "Sardines" with the little girls, that was awesome! I haven't felt so young in a long, long time. Funny how playing with a kid can make you feel like a kid again yourself.
The next morning (Tuesday, July 11th) we took our time getting up and ready to go. We ate breakfast, drank coffee (Mmm!) and just hung-out with each other. We left around 10 A.M. and the trip officially began!
We tried to do 3 hour shifts for drivers (It was a 20+ hour drive to MN where the ALC Conventions were being held!) so our day was mostly spent....driving. We would stop to eat, get gas, or when someone needed a rest stop, but that was it. We drove that first day from 10 A.M. till 4:30 A.M. the next morning (12th), at which time we told the boys we needed to pullover somewhere and sleep for a while. So we pulled over and slept till 6:30 A.M. A VERY much needed rest that revived us girls for the rest of the drive.
We arrived at our motel a little after 1 P.M. that afternoon in Duluth, MN. (Our motel was actually in Proctor I think??) We tried to check in but they said our room wasn't ready, we had to wait till the check in time (3 P.M.) before we could get in our rooms. Once we got settled in I ordered pizza for everyone and the boys came over to eat in our room. We all ate and our adrenaline levels started going down. When the boys left we sat and watched Bonanza for awhile but we just couldn't keep our eyes open any longer. Emily and I fell asleep around 7 P.M. and slept till 7 the next morning! (Marissa and the boys slept from 8-8:00.) Needless to say, we were exhausted!

So guess that is where I will end for now! Here are some pictures of those first couple days.


My car all ready to go.



Marissa and I


Kimberly and I


Heather, Emily, and Kimberly


Us Girls Together Again!


Playing with the little girls:)


Lando cleaning up supper.


The guys hanging out.


Kylie (Mikayla in the background.)


Enjoying the evening with ice cream.


Pictures before we say goodbye.


Our little group.


Sisters!


And we are off! (Yes, I stole some pictures Missy! :P)






At 6:30 A.M. when the boys finally let us sleep for a tiny bit.






Our motel room in Minnesota.

Finally! My laptop keeps having glitches so I hope this will upload right!
Hope you enjoyed!
<3 Marita





13 comments: