Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Favorites Tag



Hey Everyone! I have been gone awhile (2 weeks!) and just got home last night. I will be doing some posts of my travels, but first decided to do a tag that  Daminika @WalkingInTheSonshine tagged me for! Hope you enjoy!

1) What is your favorite thing to do at home?

This is a hard one. I guess I don't really have time to do anything at home right now for fun. I could say watching a good TV show, documentary or science movie are my favorites right now at this point in my life. I used to read a lot, crochet, knit, scrapbook, garden and experiment in the kitchen, but life at the moment hasn't had a place for those things. Maybe someday again... Right now, I also spend a lot of time dreaming about our apartment, decorating and planning it all out in my head...sigh, I just can't wait!

2) Which is your favorite, cats or dogs?

I would have to say dogs. I have had lots of cats in my life and I loved them when I was young, but I think the saying is true. Dogs are "man's best friend" and my last dog, Bridger, was a favorite of mine. I hope someday to have a puppy/dog again.

3) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Hmmmm....now this one is hard!!! There are soooo many places I've been that I don't know how I could possible choose. I do know that I love it here in the PNW. I love the green, the rain and the (usually) never severe weather. I also grew up in  Eastern Oregon though, which is dry and dusty or wet and sloppy. A place that gets quite a bit of snow and cold weather.
I do know, from this trip I just took, that I do not like the plains! Basically, I don't like much of the Midwest. I felt suffocated in the vast emptiness. In the hot weather there was no shade, no mountains to gaze upon, no place to look down. Let's just say, I was glad to make it back to mountains.

4) Do you love to travel?

YES! As you probably learned from my last post... *wink*
There are things about traveling I learned from this trip that will make future trips more enjoyable. I definitely did not like packing food. Some maybe, yes. But packing food for the whole trip wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I would say saving more/spending more for food along the way is worth it.
But I will save my tips for another post..

5) What is your dream job?

Growing up I had many dream jobs. My first would be to work with my Dad, pouring foundations. Hehe, pretty ridiculous, right? But I dreamed of having many jobs, I loved watching my Dad do payroll or paperwork. I loved watching my Mom in the kitchen. I dreamed of having a office job, but I also dreamed of cooking/baking for people.
Now, after living on "my own", I've learned that to work and have a life, your job needs to be either from home or flexible. In order to make enough for a living you have to work long hours (which I am not exactly doing) but then you must take care of everything at home too. So in the end you never see anyone or have time to do anything fun.
Seriously, it is hard. You don't have time to decompress so any free time you do have you try to use to recover from going, going and going. So, I would have to say my dream job would be working somehow from home. A job you can do while getting your work at home done also. Which in turn gives you time to do stuff. I looked into home bakeries, but here the laws are too much to deal with. So I am leaning towards finding away to work through the internet. But maybe keeping my job now, but as just part time...we shall see.

6) What is your dream vacation?

It would be a year-long, paid road-trip around the U.S.A. Time to go to all four corners of the country, learning about the people who make America what it is, seeing her history and her vastness. But that would be just the beginning. After the U.S. I would travel Europe and if it was safe, the Middle East. Oh if I had money to throw away, I would travel the world, over and over again!

7) Do you have a favorite drink? What is it?

I may be strange, but, tomato juice?? If I choose something "special" to drink, that would be it! I love coffee and Italian sodas also, but I am not too much into sugar-y drinks.

8) What is your favorite home-cooked meal?

Oh this one is very hard! I don't know if I have any actual favorites. I love pasty, chicken potpie, Elisa's tacos or spaghetti, roast with mashed potatoes, salmon with potatoes and white sauce, or hamburger pie...just to name a few!

9) Which do you prefer, pop or water?

Definitely water. But on rare occasions I will choose pop. Like I said, not much of a sugar-y drink person. At restaurants I get iced teas if I want something sweet, but not pop.

10) Who is your favorite singer?

Wow, this question is impossible to answer! I don't have a clue who to put. My music tastes are seriously quite vast. I LOVE Bing Crosby, George Strait, Johnny Cash, Charley Pride, June Carter Cash, Jim Reeves, John Denver, The Carpenter's, The Everly Brothers, Elvis Presley, but also many, many more!

11) Ice Cream or Milkshake?

I don't know, I have to be in the mood for either of them. Probably ice cream though, because I only like Burgerville milkshakes. Ice cream is almost always delicious!

So, there you have it. Let's see if I ever get around to the other tags people have tagged me for! I hope I can!

I tag -
Marissa @HiddenTreasures

Hope you learned something new!
<3 Marita







10 comments: